Are you a music artist struggling with a real plan on how to promote your music? Do you have your music release ready - but don’t know where to start? Are you overwhelmed with even where to begin, how to get your music online, which digital distributor to use, how to get Spotify and Apple editorial playlisting, how to hire a PR person, or how to run your digital advertising, let alone all the tips and tricks that the pros use?
Or is it release day and suddenly there’s 50 things you forgot to do. Or do you even have a plan? HINT: “Let’s just put it out” – is not a plan!
We have the solution! Get and learn the exact release plan that’s garnered our own label over 150 million streams.
Free Preview: Upload Your Music to Micro Synch Agencies
Check out more free previews in the Course Curriculum below.
- Reference Links (3:23)
- Giving Yourself the Gift of Time (4:57)
- Digital Distributors Review
- Create and Compile Your Folder of Stuff (4:26)
- Let's Upload a Single (2 Parts) (49:16)
- Uploading an EP or Album (14:58)
- AWAL Pitch Forms (2 Parts) (34:34)
- Synch Department Servicing (13:36)
- Create a Written Marketing Plan (6:12)
- Find a Gig to Play on Release Day (3:03)
- Non-Traditional Events (11:32)
- Consider Hiring Publicity / PR Person (14:59)
- Submit Video and Pitch Form to Apple (16:35)
- Submit and Claim Your Spotify and Apple Profile (12:22)
- Get Spotify URI & URL and Apple URL from Digital Distributor (12:52)
- Share Spotify & Apple URI - URL with Team (2:11)
- Upload Your Music to Micro Synch Agencies (10:08)
- Touch Base with Global Distribution Offices (4:18)
- 50 Ways to Promote a Single (4:18)
- Setting Up Google Alerts (7:18)
- Get Key Video Clips - Assets Made (7:19)
- Get a One Sheet Created or Updated (9:13)
- Wavo Introduction and Consideration (7:46)
- PR- Publicist Should be Shopping A Premier + Why to Release on a Tuesday or Wednesday (10:56)
- Pitch Songs to EDM District (YouTube Distribution + Curation Channels) (10:24)
- Commission a Lyric Video (20:04)
- Consider Hiring a Digital Marketer or Digital Freelancer (10:16)
- Create Video Teaser Clips (for Socials and YouTube) (11:13)
- Alert Your Network About Your Release (Artist Friends, Blogs, Supporters) (6:11)
- Have an Approved Press Release (aka Your Presser) (8:25)
- Linktree 101 for Instagram (3:48)
- 1 Week Before Release Summary (7:13)
- Nearing Release - Who Is Doing What (4:51)
- Post and Run a Pre-Save and Pre-Add Campaign (6:14)
- Release Day (Do Something Unique & Eventful) (3:57)
- Pandora AMP (Setting Up Free Ads and Messaging in Pandora) (14:09)
- SubmitHub Tutorial (How To Get Your Music On Blogs) (22:56)
- Setting Up a YouTube Video Campaign Pt 1 (43:54)
- Setting Up a YouTube Video Campaign Pt 2 (18:27)
- Setting Up a YouTube Video Campaign Pt 3 (12:00)
- 50 Post Release Marketing Ideas (20:36)
- Mood Media and Play Network (In Store Music Play) (9:01)
- Get (or Create) a Report on Blog Pickup and Support (3:59)
- Post Marketing Release Review (5:12)
- Post Release - Getting the PR Pickup Report (3:59)
- DSP Strategy - Bonus 1 (Collaborating with Other Artists) (3:35)
- DSP Strategy Bonus 2 (Waterfalling - Mini Single EPs) (3:55)
- Thank You - How to Work More With Me (5:24)
Yes! Enter the Digital Release Blueprint. My name is Benjamin Groff. I’ve been in the music business for over 25 years, working for the majors but also hired to start the 1st U.S. office of Kobalt Music where I helped build the company for 10 years as Executive VP of Creative, where I signed much of the key roster at the time. Some of my favorite key artist signings include: Grimes, The Lumineers, Kelly Clarkson, SOPHIE, Overcoats, Tiesto, Cut Copy, Big Freedia, Ryan Tedder, TOKiMONSTA, Caroline Polachek, Ariel Pink, and OneRepublic to name just a few. Most recently, I’ve been running my own publishing company, Brill Building, where a few of the above are on my current roster.
I’ve also had over 100 releases on my label, We Are: The Guard, which have garnered over 100 Million streams on Spotify alone! I’ve learned all my lessons the hard way – meaning spending my own money, figuring out new strategies, what works and what doesn’t - all on my own dime. I’ve had some big wins, but also by learning through mistakes, I’ve formulated and created a release plan for our label that just works.
What I’m offering is my entire release plan along with detailed step by step instruction – for you! That’s right. After 100 music releases, I’ve created a systematic plan on EXACTLY what you need to do 6 weeks before the release, 5 weeks, 4 weeks, etc… all the way up to days before the release, the day of release, and post release activities.
The number 1 rule is you need a plan! And a plan that’s mapped out, written down, shareable, and communicable with your team - so you know who’s doing what. This is the course that will show you how to release music as a professional!
There are over 70 video modules and over 10 hours of video and instructional content here for you. Included in the course is our entire release template, worksheets, PDFs of PR directories, YouTube submission channel directories, and more!
Because when it comes to your music release - that you’ve put so much time, effort, and love into - you shouldn’t “just release it” and “see what happens.” No doubt as a DIY, self releasing artist there’s just so much to do - especially leading up to the day of release - and that’s why I created this easy to follow, step by step actionable plan – which is the exact plan we use to set up our own releases. This plan has led to our successes like DENM (40MM + Spotify streams), Lola Blanc “Angry Too” (8 + MM Spotify Streams), BAUM “Fuckboy” (1.5 + Million Spotify Streams), Butter “Lifted” (approaching 5.5 + MM Spotify streams), MXMS (4.5 Million Spotify Streams), just to name a few.
Repeat after me!
The casual plan you might have of “let’s just put it out” is NOT a plan!
Check out the course and grab it while it’s still on discount! I’m eventually going to sell the course for $997 + (and maybe $1997) but for a limited time I’m offering all 70 + video modules and over 10 hours of content for just $197. There’s also options to pay over time in the checkout!
Free Preview: 1 Week Before Release Summary
Bonus: You can also find out how to get personal instruction time and consultation with myself.
You’ve made the investment in your music, your gear, your songs and everything it’s taken to get you to this point. Don’t hesitate to make the investment to make sure your music gets the best shot they can on finding the right audience, getting heard, setting up the right promotions, and achieving your 1st 1,000,000 streams - and then 10 Million streams and beyond.
See you at the course!
Q: This course looks great, but I’ve only just started (or haven’t really released any music yet)...is this course for me?
A: Absolutely! It doesn’t matter if you’re just setting up your 1st release or you’re had dozens of releases and already getting millions of streams! This systematic release plan and approach can be modified, no matter what level you’re at in your career. Even if you’ve had plenty of successful releases - you’re going to find virtually tons of new ideas, strategies, concepts, tips and tricks to kick in the door on your next release!
Q: How long does the course take to go through?
A: You can go through the course as fast as you’d like! However, with over 10 hours of content, the idea is that you will start the course 5-6 weeks away from your planned release date. Then, you will go through all the video modules and classes, designated to each week (and days) leading up to the release. This allows you to both learn and digest the material presented and immediately put into practical motion the learnings via direct actions in setting up your releases!
Q: Wow, there’s tons of information here and the price point looks great, however, I still don’t know if I can afford it? Do you offer installment plans?
A: Yes! There’s an option for that at the check out. We've made that an option, because we don’t want you to miss out on this great information that can hopefully and ultimately put royalties in your pocket!
Q: Can I really get 1:1 personal time with you to hear and review my songs, get personal attention with the exercises or consult on my music?
A: For sure. I’m trying this out - once you've purchased the course, there's a link where you can get extra 1 on 1 time with myself directly for an additional cost. We can schedule this via a Zoom meeting, FaceTime, Google Hangouts, or a phone call.
Q: I’m just getting started and I don’t have a huge (or any) marketing budget. Will the techniques and strategies in this course still work for me regardless of my budget?
A: Yes! (and - No!). Personally, I really believe that - even if you only have a few hundred dollars to market and promote your release - the strategies and ideas taught here in this course, will set you in the right direction and ideally allow you to see if something has “positive signs of life!” Let’s be honest, it costs virtually nothing to release a song, EP or album these days, and if your music is amazing - it can literally “go viral” without spending a lot on marketing. While it doesn’t happen all the time, as an example, we recently had a song go viral, garnering a huge #1 Hype Machine and millions of streams - just for spending - literally only $200. Our biggest expense was setting up the music release properly, having the right plan, asking for some favors and having some great music! The song just reacted and resonated! Using the methods taught in this course, you’ll always be better off with the strongest marketing and asset creation budget you can afford, appropriately. But you can still have some great wins without a ton of marketing and promotion, in my opinion.
Q: Can I tailor make this Release Blueprint to fit my own project, rollout, style and schedule?
A: Yes for sure! That’s actually the idea! Even at my label, we do not use the same release blueprint or plan for each project. The release plan presented here is for you to ultimately tailor to your own music. You can use the release blueprint “as is” or cherry pick the favorite things you think will work best for your release (but I encourage you to try everything within the course). It really depends on your goal, where you feel you’re going to win, and what resonates. You certainly can add, subtract and modify! The beautiful thing is - once you have a plan that works for you - you can repeat it again and again and change up items appropriately, as your career expands. In this way, you’re really making a lifetime investment with the course.
Q: Do you offer more courses?
A: For sure I do! I just launched an Insider Secrets to Hit Songwriting course that you can check out here. It’s over 25 video modules and 5 hours of my best hit making secrets that you’d usually only get if you were a direct client of mine, signed to the roster. The subtitle of the course is called “Unlocking the Hit Songwriting Matrix” - and I totally believe you’ll never look at writing songs the same way ever again.